Saturday, July 18, 2009

A funny thing happened...

I was updating myself on Jenn's Blog, when one particular entry brought fond memories back to me. The story goes like this:

My daughter had injured herself during a ball game and was complaining of pain to her hand. I took her in to work to have it looked at and x-rayed, and came across two of my night-shift co-workers. While chatting with them in Obs, there was a pt located in the room directly across from the nursing station. He was vomiting. Loudly. Ridiculous loud, as a matter of fact. So the three of us simultaneously look up at his room (with disdain, I might add) and go "Blaaaaaaaah", mimicking the noise he is making. We then returned to our conversation.

On the way home my daughter says to me "I can't believe you guys made fun of that poor man". "Oh please", I said. "Listen to that for 8 hours and see how you feel".

Apparently I am lacking in compassion...

No comments:

Post a Comment