Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A day in the life...

Since my surgery, I have become a lady of leisure. With little to define my days with, I have had the time to come to the following conclusions:

I did not inherit the clean gene. On any given day, I can gather enough dog fur to create a zoo. How does my dog lose so much hair without having bald patches? How do my children leave so much hair in the shower as to keep full heads of hair? Who keeps dropping bits and pieces on the floors? My kitchen floor is now lovingly referred to as "the Smorg".

I hate cooking. As such, it has become my goal to starve my family into wishing me back to work. They ate far better when I had a set routine.

I will never have long fingernails. I love digging in the dirt without gloves. I love the feel of the earth between my fingers...Ok, the occasional squished worm is less then pleasant, but overall, it is something I love doing.

Sorry Nicole, but I will never have soft feet. I love being barefoot. I have blisters on my feet from wearing my shoes without socks. I love the feeling of warm pavement underneath me. My poor heels can soon be marketed as the scrubby-thing people buy to scrub their heels with.

My husband is a gem. Despite the fact that I have all the time in the world, he is still the one who does the laundry, helps with the dishes, and the one who carts me around when I feel like going out to take some pictures. Well, I can't drive and look for things to photograph, can I?

I love my PVR.

I love my camera.

I love Craig's List. It's like a whole new world! I have been putting my junk on it, and low and behold, people are calling to come and get it! It's a miracle!

Now, all of that being said, I should be off to bed. Soon the sun will be up, and I will have to figure out another way to spend a totally self indulgent day. Maybe I could get used to this after all....

Oh, and by the way, here is how I spent today:



1 comment:

  1. ewwww!! Can you hear me gnashing my teeth from all the way over in Whitby?? Keep the yuckiness covered!!

    ReplyDelete