Monday, August 3, 2009

Strange things are going on...

Lately I have been smelling flowers. Not in the literal sense, but in the "where did that smell come from" sense.

I have long thought that my house is haunted..both Dale and I have seen an older gentleman in a bowler hat around the house. He is usually seen out of the corner of you eye, peeking into the room we occupy. When you turn your head fully, he is gone.

Occasionally my drapes will move, as if someone has run their hands along them. But no one is there. And then there is the knocking. Someone knocks on my bedroom door. I call out to come in but no one answers. So when I get up and open the door, there is no one there, and no one even on that level of the house. 2 nights ago, the knocking was so loud it woke me from sleep. I looked out my window, thinking it might be Kelsey knocking as she was locked out of the house, but nope...no one there.

So anyway, for the last few days I have been smelling these flowers. I haven't yet identified the type, but the first time I smelled them was in the basement. No air fresheners had been used, no candles were burning, but there it was...a strong smell of flowers as soon as I walked in the room. It slowly faded, and I thought nothing of it. Again it occurred, this time in the bathroom I think. But no hair products had been used to account for the scent.

Yesterday, I was walking Shelby at the dog park. And there it was again, this smell of flowers. This was a little easier to explain, I figured, except for the fact that we were in a field that was flowerless. And I noticed the smell on my fingers as well, as if I had crushed some petals between my fingers.

On finishing our walk, we returned to the van, only to find the scent of flowers in my van as well.

I can't help thinking someone is trying to tell me something, and I have yet to figure it out. And at least it is a pleasant smell, almost comforting. Not cloying, just nice.

I guess I should says thanks at the thought that someone out there is thinking of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment